Tuesday, June 5, 2012

tokyo drift


So, to make things a bit more interesting and confusing, I'll now post a little about my adventures in Japan.

A hellish morning and an uncomfortable flight got me to Tokyo from Auckland, where I was met by warm people, but not so warm weather. (This is the beginning of march.) A lady gave
Me a pair of gloves in the airport, and though I protested and promised I wouldn't be needing them, she still insisted and told me its going to be cold. I was like yeah yeah I'm from Finland, don't lecture me on cold! Turns out, it was COLD!!! So I used the gloves...and had to buy a jacket, and use too much money on warm beverages not to freeze to death...

I found my way through the labyrinth of the Tokyo underground metro system, and got to the hostel, where Simone was awaiting me! A warm reunion, and we're still traveling and very much on speaking terms:)

The first few days were spent discovering the areas of our neighborhood, other parts of the city, Japanese city lifestyle, temples, food and getting used to the cold. Starbucks became our best friend.
The hostel we stayed at was called Khaosan Samurai, and is still the best hostel I've stayed at. If you go to Tokyo and don't want to spend too much on a hotel, consider their hostels. Best value for money!
Here are some pics from Tokyo in early
March, around two weeks too early for the full on cherry blossoms.

No comments:

Post a Comment