Sunday, July 1, 2012

i'm coming home

Materialist forever, there is no denying it.
I am ready to leave my hippie anklets and bracelets behind, toss out my ripped tees and ragged tops, wear makeup again, get mentaly prepared for abandoning the flipflops in exchange for closed shoes, and stylewise turn into my old self. I am so ready to get back to my full blown closet, my things, my friends and family, my macbook and our dog, in other words; get back to civilization! Words can not describe how much I'm looking forward to going home!
This trip has taught me something I already knew, I am a materialist and apparently very vein, and that's not gonna change anytime soon. I have travelled amongst hippies, seen many monks, walked amongst the poor, sometimes looking like one, given money to beggars, lived like a nomad, and always tried to find the cheapest way out. Now I'm done. The tiny growing hippie seed in my heart I had before this trip has vanished completely, I despise dreadlocks even more, and hiking boots outside a forest makes me nauseous. Many people tell me that traveling will make you realize how the western world is too materialistic and people are not able to enjoy life, to appreciate the small things that matter . Not me, nahaah, I'm going home to my stuff my things my belongings, because to me they matter, and believe me, I will enjoy every minute of it!
I am not saying that I will never travel again, coz I will. I love traveling more than anything, but next time is going to be out of my pink suitcase and not a backpack, I am done dragging my backpack around for more than a month. I will stay at a nice cockroach free hotel and enjoy proper breakfasts. But for now, I'm happy just going home. No, I'm extadic!

I'm in Singapore airport waiting for boarding, sitting at the same Starbucks where I wrote my first travel post 7 months ago. Time fucking flies, I can't believe 7 months has gone by. Incomprehensible. I have had the journey of my life, I loved it and I have plans to return to some of the places one day. I still have a lot to show you, and I hope to catch up soon with all the missed travel posts. As a matter of fact, I'm going home to a real computer, connected to the world wide web, which makes blogging much easier.

A big thanks to all the people who made this trip unforgettable, I will miss you, and I hope you are all doing fantastic out there. Hope to see you again some day. Much love!

Over and out.

No comments:

Post a Comment