Saturday, April 21, 2012

Southeast Asia and how to sweat properly

I've chosen to travel in Southeast Asia, because I like the sun, blue clear waters, good weather, excellent diving opportunities, cheap living and good food. But, what I didn't consider was the fact that for 4 months, it was going to be hot. Hot as in +35 'C at the least, all the time, day and night, and with a humidity that could by breathing drown a fully grown desert rat. This heat is unbearably hot, and again, all the time. Being hot all the time results in sweating. Man, the only thing you do here is sweat! Well, the bright side is obviously the nice weather; it's sunny all the time and super warm in the nights as well, so the only things you need are shorts and a top. BUT, I need a lot of tops and shorts... Coz I tend to sweat a LOT. Taking into consideration the amount of sweating I do there, it's incredible that I'm still standing, that I haven't glided off the surface of the earth!
How should one address the issue of sweating all the time, constantly, continuously? One doesn't. There's nothing you can do about it. Did you seriously think I'd give an appropriate answer to that? Sweating is part of the life circle here, and if you are a white tourist from the northern parts of Europe, with the max tolerance of humidity and heat of a true Scandinavian cave-person, you sweat even more. So better get used to it. You sweat when you sit, stand, walk, sleep, breathe, take a shower, are in the shade, even when you swim for crying out loud! And you can forget about makeup, it will only melt off your face minutes after applied...My advise is; let the sweat run, it's not gonna help fanning or blowing, to drink something cold, to seek rescue in the shade or ignore it. To get a room with aircon, is the only true solution/salvation.
Snoop Dogg sings 'I just wanna make you sweat'. Uhm no you don't.

Conclusion; sweat hard or go home...

No comments:

Post a Comment